Care Day 2017 Highlights
Total patient count: 3932
Total offices: 125
Highest patient counts:
1. Thousand Oaks 86
2. Whitehall 81
3. Lomas 70
The overall average was 31 patients/office
Mark your calendars, Comfort Dental will be hosting Care Day this year on December 23rd, 2019, offering free dental care to those in need. All Comfort Dental general dentistry offices throughout 11 states are participating including offices in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington. Offices will be open on December 23rd from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The general public should contact their local Comfort Dental office for more information. For office locations see ComfortDental.com.
Beginning in Colorado in 1984, Comfort Dental has offered free dental care on Christmas Eve Day. Care Day was started as a way of improving accessibility to dental care to those in most need. On Care Day, all services are free to anyone. Patients are helped on a first-come, first-served basis receiving a variety of basic dental care from cleanings to extractions. More serious dental problems are handled on a case-by-base basis and at the discretion of the individual dentist. Nationally, approximately 300 Comfort Dental dentists and 1,300 staff members donate their time on Care Day.
Last year on Care Day, Comfort Dental offices saw 4,000 patients nationally, and gave away $1.4 million in free dental services. Since Care Day’s beginnings in 1984, Comfort Dental has given away over $22.8 million in dental services.
Comfort Dental President and Founder, Dr. Rick Kushner says, “We provide free dental care to help people. If someone has a bad tooth, hopefully we can make them feel better. For some people, including kids, Care Day might be the only time they see a dentist all year. We’re dentists, so we give away dental services for the holidays.”
More About Comfort Dental
- Comfort Dental’s core mission is to expand access to quality dental care by making it affordable and convenient.
- New patients pay just $19 which includes exam and x-rays with payment required at time of service.
- Braces for kids are $129 per month, adults are $139 per month with the Gold Plan.
- Comfort Dental’s fees are 40% to 50% less with the Gold Plan when compared to other dentists. Without the Gold Plan, fees are about 25%-30% less.
- Almost all Comfort Dental offices accept Medicaid. Most dentists’ participation in Medicaid lags far behind others in the medical profession. (source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Comfort Dental offers extended regular office hours including Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Saturdays, 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and 24-hour emergency access.
- For people and businesses who don’t have dental insurance, Comfort Dental offers their own dental plans – Gold, Silver and Diamond Plans offer more discounts on services. Comfort Dental’s membership plans are not insurance but rather a reduced fee plan. See ComfortDental.com for more information about the Gold Plan.
- Comfort Dental is the largest dental franchise in America with offices in 11 states. All Comfort Dental-branded dental practices are independent franchisees owned and operated by licensed dentists. Dental services and office practices may vary across dental practices.
- Dr. Rick Kushner, D.D.S., founded Comfort Dental in 1977 and pioneered the concept of fair pricing dentistry.