The Only Opportunity for Some to Get Care
free dental care
Comfort Dental Care Day is when our offices work to fulfill a promise—to give everyone access to quality dental care they deserve. On December 23, all our locations will offer FREE dental care to those needing care in their community from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
about care day
Since 1984, Comfort Dental has offered free dental care to community members on the eve of Christmas Eve. Care Day began as a way to give those without access to dental care a chance to love their smile again. On Care Day, all services are free to anyone, with all patients served on a first-come-first-served basis. Services include anything from simple cleanings to extractions, with more serious problems evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Over 300 Comfort Dental dentists and 1,300 team members will donate their time this Care Day.
In 2021, our offices saw over 4,000 patients nationwide, donating over $1.4 million in dental services. Since its beginning in 1984, Care Day has provided over $22.8 million in dental services for free. President and Founder of Comfort Dental Dr. Rick Kushner says, “We provide free dental care to help people. If someone has a bad tooth, hopefully we can make them feel better. For some people, including kids, Care Day might be the only time they see a dentist all year. We’re dentists, so we give away dental services for the holidays.”
more about Comfort Dental
- Comfort Dental’s core mission is to expand access to quality dental care by making it affordable and convenient.
- New patients pay just $19 which includes exam and x-rays with payment required at time of service.
- Braces are $99 per month with the Gold Plan.
- Comfort Dental’s fees are 40% to 50% less with the Gold Plan when compared to other dentists. Without the Gold Plan, fees are about 25%-30% less.
- Almost all Comfort Dental offices accept Medicaid. Most dentists’ participation in Medicaid lags far behind others in the medical profession. (source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Comfort Dental offers extended regular office hours including Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Saturdays, 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and 24-hour emergency access.
- For people and businesses who don’t have dental insurance, Comfort Dental offers their own dental plans – Gold, Silver and Diamond Plans offer more discounts on services. Comfort Dental’s membership plans are not insurance but rather a reduced fee plan. See ComfortDental.com for more information about the Gold Plan.
- Comfort Dental is the largest dental franchise in America with offices in 11 states. All Comfort Dental-branded dental practices are independent franchisees owned and operated by licensed dentists. Dental services and office practices may vary across dental practices.
- Dr. Rick Kushner, D.D.S., founded Comfort Dental in 1977 and pioneered the concept of fair pricing dentistry.