How can you tell if you will need braces? There are a number of factors that are taken into consideration when it comes to your smile and what can be done to straighten it. If you are told that you could benefit from braces in Thornton, it is best that you work with an orthodontist that you can trust. Braces are just right for anyone who has a misalignment or a crooked smile. These are some of the signs that you can look for that will tell you it is time to think about braces:
You may need braces if:
- You have a smile that seems to look crooked or overcrowded. It could be that you are embarrassed about your smile because you do not have straight teeth. If so, it may be time to think about cosmetic options.
- There has been a shift with your jaw or it makes sounds, which could point to a developmental issue with your jawline and teeth.
- Your baby teeth came out early on in life. If these fall out too early and your adult teeth took a while to come in, this may have impacted the manner in which your adult teeth grow and develop.
- If you have a difficult time chewing certain foods. This can be both an inconvenience but it can also be detrimental to your overall health.
- You are always hitting the roof of your mouth or you are always biting the interior of your cheek. This may be telling you that the teeth are not aligned properly. Having braces put on can help to address an overbite or underbite.
- Overlapping teeth can be another reason for braces. While a slight overbite is normal, too much of one will point to a dental issue that will have to be addressed with alignment using braces.
- If you have jaw or mouth pain, this can also be an indication that you need to have braces put on. When this pain comes on and you experience it on a regular basis, it is important to see a dental professional to determine where the discomfort is coming from.
- While speech issues can come from a number of causes, one that can be addressed with braces is an orthodontic issue. When you or a loved one has a difficult time saying words or if you struggle at times with slurring you should make an appointment to see if braces are an option.
Are you still unsure if braces in Thornton are something you should look into? We want you to know that we have the trained staff, convenient hours and services that you need at Comfort Dental. We can set up an appointment for you to come by for a consultation so that we can do an examination and take x-rays of your head and mouth to get a clearer picture of what you are experiencing. From there, we can discuss the potential for braces, the type of braces you may need, and also all of the different payment and financing options that you have available to you.