Nearly 5,000 People Receive Free Dental Care In 2013
Wheatridge, CO – Comfort Dental’s Care Day last Tuesday, December 24, 2013, provided free dental care to 4,952 people valued at nearly $1.5 million. Comfort Dental hosted the event throughout 106 offices in 11 states including Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Kansas and Washington. Care Day began 30 years ago as a way to provide better access to dental care to people most in need. Nationally, over 300 Comfort Dental dentists and 1,300 staff members donated their time on Care Day this year. Since Care Day’s beginnings in 1984, Comfort Dental has given away approximately $21 million in dental services.
President and Founder, Dr. Rick Kushner says, “There are a lot of families out there who just can’t afford dental care, and this is their only dental visit all year. We’re proud to host Care Day for 30 years in a row.”
More About Comfort Dental
- Comfort Dental’s core mission is to expand access to quality dental care by making it affordable and convenient.
- Comfort Dental is the largest dental franchise in America. Every office is independently owned by the dentists. Learn about our partnerships.
- New patients pay $19 which includes exam and x-rays with payment required at time of service. Braces for kids are $129 per month, adults are $139 per month with our Comfort Dental Gold Plan. Comfort Dental’s fees are 40% to 50% less with the Gold Plan when compared to other dentists. Without the Gold Plan, they’re about 25%-30% less.
- Comfort Dental accepts Medicaid. Most dentists’ participation in Medicaid lags far behind others in the medical profession. (source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Comfort Dental offers extended regular office hours including Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Saturdays, 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and 24-hour emergency access.
- Dr. Rick Kushner, D.D.S., founded Comfort Dental in 1977 and pioneered the concept of fair pricing dentistry.