Wheatridge, CO – Comfort Dental’s Care Day on Saturday, December 24, provided free dental care to 3,345 people valued at over $1 million. Comfort Dental hosted the event throughout 111 offices in 10 states including Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, and Washington. Care Day began 33 years ago as a way to provide better access to dental care to people most in need. Nationally, about 250 Comfort Dental dentists and staff members donated their time on Care Day this year. Since Care Day’s beginnings in 1984, Comfort Dental has given away over $24 million in dental services.
President and Founder, Dr. Rick Kushner says, “There are a lot of families out there who just can’t afford dental care, and this is their only dental visit all year. We’re proud to host Care Day. It’s what we are all about.”
More About Comfort Dental
- Comfort Dental’s core mission is to expand access to quality dental care by making it affordable and convenient.
- Comfort Dental is the largest dental franchise in America. Every office is independently owned by the dentists.
- New patients pay $19 which includes exam and x-rays with payment required at time of service. Braces for kids are $129 per month, adults are $139 per month with the Gold Plan. Comfort Dental’s fees are 40% to 50% less with the Gold Plan when compared to other dentists. Without the Gold Plan, they’re about 25%-30% less.
- Comfort Dental accepts Medicaid. Most dentists’ participation in Medicaid lags far behind others in the medical profession. (source: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Comfort Dental offers extended regular office hours including Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM, Saturdays, 7:30 AM to 1:30 PM, and 24-hour emergency access.
- Dr. Rick Kushner, D.D.S., founded Comfort Dental in 1977 and pioneered the concept of fair pricing dentistry.